Animal ControlJanuary 11, 2023
Compliance and Rules Enforcement DataJanuary 22, 2023
Long Term Planning Meeting Minutes
January 11, 2023
Attendees: Barry Alick, Tom Orelup, Dave May, Susan Garrow
- Meeting Began at 7:01 PM. All committee members in attendance.
- Top 3 Items (member concerns) from 2021 Survey covered
- Brief discussion of the 3 above listed covered. Each one is now being addressed by separate, dedicated committee. Will ask Bob Dixon to provide a brief update on security for the next meeting.
- Tom provided an update on the progress of the Roads committee that Joe Mischik chairs. Significant progress has been made to date, with several sub-committees.
- Encouraged group to visit Peaceful Valley community in Owensville. It’s a 175 Acre lake community (about half the size of ours), with excellent roads and relatively no nuisance properties.
- Discussion on what projects the LTP should prioritize (projects needing future funding)
- Maintenance & Vehicles (estimated expense in the next 1- 3 years is approx. $170K). Much of our community’s equipment and vehicles (need new truck & tractor) are in serious need of replacement/repair.
- Attempt to change the BUR (increase in member annual dues). Given the strong potential for forthcoming Roads Assessment, though is this may want to be delayed.
- Thoughts are we need a cohesive approach to fundraising efforts in the community (Men’s Club, Ladies Club, Booster club). While each group does a tremendous job in raising needed funds, the thought is the monies collected could be better spent/allocated with a unified effort.
- Suggestion to bring the 3 Club Presidents into future LTP meetings was met with general agreement. Share with these folks to future “needs” of the community that cannot be 100% covered by the low Association fees.
- Meeting concluded at 7:45 PM.