Proposed Rules/Regulation and By-Law Changes and ILPOA BOD ApplicationsAugust 15, 2022
ILPOA Security CommitteeAugust 23, 2022
Meeting Minutes from meeting on 8/2/22
- Road study completed in 2016 with culvert study completed at same time. Estimated road repair costs at that time we @$3M.
- Ditches & culverts must be repaired (or initial repairs started) prior to any major road construction. Per our Rules & regulations, members are responsible for the maintenance and upkeep and cleaning of their culverts and drainage ditches so as to prevent any buildup or clogging of their culverts/drainage ditches resulting in rainwater runoff overflowing onto Association Roads and Adjacent property. This was covered in the July member meeting.
- Cochran Engineering was commissioned and has completed a study within the community evaluating the ditches/Culverts. Report is expected to be received mid-late August.
- Plans are being developed to inform homeowners regarding the status of their ditch/culvert and what expectations are for repair (if any).
- Road restoration/repair was on the ballot in 2021 but failed to get the necessary 67% votes to pass (approximately 60 yes votes short).
- Concerns regarding ballot included language, no prior meetings and lack of general plan.
- Plans are being developed to work on Marketing package for 2022 Ballot:
- Lessons learned from Lake Restoration and Bridge committees.
- Share initial info at all-member Labor Day weekend meeting (What happens if we DON’T do this)
- Pull together assessment language and material for all members
- Needed From Long Term Planning Committee:
- Idea’s on what the marketing plan should look like (elements)
- How best to provide information to association (Web-ex meetings, FTF meetings, Web site info, etc.)
- Building consensus on $ amount of assessment (do all 15.5 miles, main roads only, entire or partial cost of project.
- Initial discussion on Type of boats allowed on lake
- Concerns from members that as more money is coming into the community, so are the size of the boats/Horsepower of engines/Speed/Noise
- Do we need to start having discussion among members as to what our direction should be in terms of placing more limits of boat types permitted (ballot item)
- Concern this is not only a safety issue, but also some believe the type of boats may be causing erosion of shore and damaging docks.
- All wanted to think about this more (and talk to others) for a future meeting discussion.