Neighborhood Watch Update (Sept.)September 28, 2022
2022 Election and BallotsOctober 4, 2022
As part of the technology upgrade at the community center, we implemented the following solutions:
- Smart Locks – Allows continued access without the need for keys which could be easily duplicated and also made it difficult for the office to manage who had access to the community center. In addition, we can now open and lock the community remotely or via a schedule which eliminates the cost associated with having Security manually lock the doors.
- Smart Thermostats – Provides the ability to control the temperature of the community center and ensure the system sets back the temperature when not in use which reduces costs as well as the expense and time of having Security check the building and adjust the temperature.
- Updated Security Cameras – Several of the cameras at the community center were not operational and access to camera recordings could only be accessed onsite. The new cameras allow for remote access to recordings like we have at the entrance when assisting local law enforcement. We have installed one camera inside the main area of the community center in the event that there is damage to the facility or a break-in. This camera can only be accessed by Board Members and will only be accessed in the event of an incident.
- Upgraded Wi-Fi Access – we upgraded our router and installed an access point on the back patio. This allows us to have more reliable data access and a stronger signal when broadcasting meetings on the ILPOA YouTube channel.
- Security System – when activated the system will provide alerts/notifications in the event of a break-in.
The upgrades were funded by the generous donation of the Men’s Club. In addition, one of our members, Justen Beasley, provided the resources of his company to install, set up, and configure the system at no cost to the Association.