ILPOA President UpdateMay 25, 2021
Update Regarding ILPOA SecurityMay 26, 2021
Memorial Day Weekend is a great start to the summer, reconnect with your lake neighbors and community. Please review the following helpful reminders. Remember, as you drive around the community slow down (30 mph or less) and watch for children, golf carts, people walking and running, etc.
- ILPOA Office Hours: The ILPOA Office will be busy this holiday weekend as people who have waited till this weekend to pay their annual dues, purchase stickers for your watercraft, and get their member/guest cards. Expect lines and delays at the office as Michelle is the only person at the office.
- Thursday: 10 a.m. – 4 p.m.
- Friday: 10 a.m. – 4 p.m.
- Saturday: 10 a.m. – 3 p.m.
- Watercraft Stickers can be purchased for $25/watercraft. To purchase the stickers you will need to be a Member in Good Standing and have no outstanding dues/fees owed to ILPOA. In addition, we will also need a copy of your watercraft title on file or if the boat is new to you we need a copy of your title registration from the DMV.
- Golf Cart/UTV/AVT Stickers: All owners with Golf Carts/UTVs/ATVs etc. must purchase a sticker for $25 each
- Water Patrol and Security will be enforcing ILPOA Rules and Regulations. Violations will be subject to Citations and/or Fines.
Water Safety: please review ILPOA Rules and Regulations regarding Water Safety. If you do not already have a copy you can review and download them from our website at www.ilpoa.org.
- Wake Time Beginning Friday (28th) begins at 10 a.m. through 7 p.m.
- Watercraft must be at least 100’ from the shoreline.
- Allow 100’ between your watercraft and someone being towed or another watercraft.
- All watercraft must travel counterclockwise.
- Wake surfing is prohibited and all tow ropes must be at least 50” long.
- A raised orange signal flag must be used when people are in the water. You lower the orange signal flag while people are being towed.
- People dangerously operating watercraft or not following ILPOA Rules and Regulations will be subject to citations and/or fines.
- No one under the age of 14 can operate a watercraft on Indian Lake. That even includes when an adult is riding with them and the child is steering the watercraft. Water Patrol may stop a watercraft if they appear to be underage so please be prepared to provide proof of age or they will be asked to return to the dock.
Enjoy Yourself: There are many activities to take advantage of this holiday weekend. Most of all respect your fellow members and don’t forget to wave and say hi to everyone you come across.
- Blessing of the Boats (Saturday) Line-up at 5:45 p.m.
- Music at the Beach (Saturday) 7:30 – 9 p.m.
- Men’s Club Pancake Breakfast (Sunday) 8 a.m. – 11 a.m.)
- Booster Club Movie Night (Sunday) 8 p.m.
- Indian Lake Marina: Store will be open for treats, some groceries, propane exchange, and your favorite beverages. Gas available for your watercraft. Don’t forget to thank Jean and Eric for all they do to support our community.
Your ILPOA Board of Directors