Dock & Boat Lift Requirements
PRIVATE DOCKS. Members shall affix their lot numbers in three inch (3”) high numbers to their docks facing the lake and easily visible to the Water Patrol. Members are responsible for keeping their docks in a safe and secure manner. If, in the opinion of the Board, a violation is observed, the owner will be given thirty (30) days’ notice to correct this problem. If the violation is not corrected after the notification period, then a citation will be issued and additional citations will be issued every thirty (30) days thereafter pending further action by the Board. Also, the maximum length of the dock into the lake as measured from the Normal High-Water Line (identified as full pool at the outlet structure) shall be no greater than thirty-six (36) feet. There must be a one hundred (100) foot clearance between the end of the dock to the opposite shore line and edge of the dock must be a minimum of ten (10) feet from the adjacent side property line.
BOAT/TRAILER PARKING AT ILPOA DOCKS AND LAUNCHING AREAS.
- Watercraft and other vehicles must be properly parked to allow access to the launching ramps
- Parking will be limited to a daily basis for those intending to launch their boat or other watercraft and remove them the same day.
- The area is not available for winter storage.
- The parking area immediately to the north of the Marina is limited to Members only and may not be used for boat repair or boats awaiting service at the boat repair shop.
- Day Use Docks. Members in good standing may park at designated ILPOA Day Use Docks (5:00 a.m. to 10:00 p.m.) on a first come, first serve basis. ILPOA Day Use Docks are subject to one (1) motorized boat per Member. Non-motorized boats, sailboats and paddle boats are not allowed to be parked at ILPOA Day Use Docks. ILPOA Day Use Dock spaces cannot be reserved. The slip closest to the ramp at each of the ILPOA Docks will be reserved for boat launching and boat take out only and will have a maximum time usage of fifteen (15) minutes. Any boat left in a Day Use space after 10:00 p.m. shall be subject to a twenty-five dollars ($25.00) per day dock rental fee.
- Lease of ILPOA Docks. The Board of Directors shall lease selected ILPOA Dock Space to Members by use of an annual lottery. No more than sixty percent (60%) of the available ILPOA dock spaces shall be leased and the remainder shall be ILPOA Day Use Docks except for two (2) spaces in Cove Number One for use by the ILPOA Water Patrol Boats.
- The Board of Directors shall establish the Lottery System and all necessary policies and procedures at the Board of Directors meeting held in January of each year. (Example: The first name drawn will choose the first dock space, etc.) This system, along with applicable deadlines for Members to submit their name to be considered in the lottery, the date of the lottery drawing and the deadline for successful Members to select their dock will be published in the January and February Smoke Signal.
- Leasing of the docks shall commence on April 1st until March 31st of the following year
- Collection of Fees: The fee shall be the same as the Marina charges. All annual dock lease fees collected by ILPOA shall be used for either dock maintenance or for new dock construction in that order. Any monies left at the end of each fiscal year shall be placed in the Lake Dredging Fund.
No fires allowed for cooking or other purposes at the ILPOA dock areas.