Building Permits Update (October)October 30, 2020
Legal Update (October)October 30, 2020
The update below was provided by Gary Campbell, ILPOA Roads & Maintenance Chair. If you have any questions regarding Gary’s update you can email him at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Has been a challenging year with a tornado, flood, and Covid 19. Also, we’ve been challenged with medical issues with our employees that have kept them out of work. Despite that, I feel the guys have done a phenomenal job of keeping on top of all that’s required of them! Significant events/accomplishments are:
- The donated Patrol boat had been repaired by the Marina and placed into service. Shortly after, we had an electrical fire and the damage was significant rendering it useless. The pontoon has been the workhorse for patrol duties, buoy placement, flood retrieval (Stumps, hay, TV, etc), etc.
- The community center venting was redone and gas lines/regulators were upgraded to bring it up to code
- We met with the water company to discuss renewing the contract that covers restoration following repairs and to discuss concerns with the quality of those repairs. The water company has employed individuals whose focus is to address those concerns and to improve customer service. They have chosen to split the leak repairs and the subsequent road repairs and recently contracted with a paving company to effect repairs to several spots in the community later this month.
- We have identified several association culvert issues and have replaced some. Will attempt to replace others as time, budget constraints, and manpower availability allow.
- I want to remind all property owners who have culverts under your entry drives and ditches, that you own those per Section 26 or our Rules & Regs. The responsibility to maintain is important to prevent road degradation and possible flooding of neighboring property. Thank you.
- We have been out doing potholes at least 2 days per week most weeks, repairing docks, repairing playground equipment, clearing brush on some of the ILPOA properties (Spillway, dam & others), clearing leaves from culverts that are ILPOA owned, raking/dressing the beech, cutting grass, blowing around community ctr/entrance/office, etc
- Since his return, Matt has committed a major portion of his time to equipment maintenance/repairs.
- We have effected repairs to the Tennis courts and we are still looking to convert one of the courts into a pickleball court.
- We replaced the cable on the dam and installed cable at the base of the dam to ensure no damage is done to the backside of the dam by 4-wheelers.
- The Booster Club has covered nearly $17,000 in community center upgrades and maintenance requirements to our aging equipment. Thanks, Booster Club!
- The guys installed LED bulbs at the community center to brighten things and cut costs. A LED bulb uses about a tenth of the energy. 10 – 60-watt bulbs would cost about $105 per year where the equivalent in LED lighting would run about $10 annually.
- Negotiated a lower salt price that could save approximately $500 for this winter season.
- We continue to have a few gate issues but overall, they have decreased significantly.
- Thank you all for your patience, help, and support to make this community better! Have a great Fall/Winter and stay safe!!