Important Update from Chief Plank (Cuba Fire Protection District)April 15, 2021
Lake, Dam, & Spillway Update (04/23/21)April 23, 2021
We are happy to welcome Kevin Rybecki back after a long illness. He is working part-time and brings much history back to the community.
As we come up to the spring rains, we request that each member go out and check that their culverts, ditches, etc are cleaned out. Our rules give us the ability to do it for you and charge you, but we do not have the time and/or resources to do that. Please take the time to maintain your culverts and ditches.
- The ramps will be dismantled at the spillway now that the DNR inspection is complete. It will be necessary to close down the dam road during that process, you will receive a notification.
- We continue to struggle with old equipment. The most pressing issue currently is the blue truck which has lower sides and is used for potholes as well as many other activities.
- We will be working on a portion of Cree Road as an experiment, taking it down to a rock road and monitoring what the issues, maintenance, etc. is for a rock road.
- We’ve already begun the mowing/trimming activities.
Remember, if you have a maintenance issue, please email me at firstname.lastname@example.org or fill out a form available at the office or online.
Work Complete in March includes:
- Completed the rental docks staining/renumbering/repairs.
- Gate – Misc repairs from vandalism and support Birdsong
- Fill in at > Big Bear
- Move the excavated material from Cove 9 to Big Bear
- Shut Valve on March 15
- Clean work on Security Cameras *Work on lights at > office area
- Put Trash Barrels out
- Misc cleanup at Coves *Fill Pot
- Holes *Trailer repair/new tires
- Pick up and install Range at Community Center (paid for by Booster)
- Begin preparing the beach
- Install reflectors at Cove 9 bridge
- Joe Modray – Part-time. Foreman Maintenance and Security
- Matt Eaton – Full time
- Walt Koyn – Part-time
- Kevin Rybecki – Part-time
- Brian Brennan – Part-time as needed for special projects
Mary Beth Huffman, ILPOA Maintenance Chair