ILPOA Legal UpdateFebruary 15, 2020
Lake Restoration Committee Update (2/20/20)February 20, 2020
Information below proved by Gary Campbell, Roads & Maintenance Chair
- Equipment Status
- Obtained new salt spreader (paid by Booster Club). Prepped second truck to carry same. Both salt spreaders are currently operational.
- Worked on skid loader to repair hydraulic valve. Valve is at a shop in St James for rework.
- Worked to repair Kubota tractor that broke during brush removal on dam. Because of its age, can’t get parts. Welded and rebuilt old part. Completed.
- Repaired hydraulic leak at lift ram white truck.
- Installed protective screen and set up skid loader for brush-arm attachment.
- Performed periodic services and cleaned equipment following salt applications.
- The weather hasn’t been the greatest in the past month, but when it has cooperated, we have been out on Lakeshore, Pontiac, Pawnee, Whitehawk, Big Bear, Sanchez and a few others patching potholes. Sanchez was a bit more than just potholes as it got plugged and washed out during one of our heavier rains.
- When the weather allows, we will continue our efforts with the potholes and our hope is that by Memorial weekend, might have them in fairly decent shape—weather permitting!!
- Community Center Venting
- Modifications to the venting prior to the first pancake breakfast on Memorial Weekend. Bid of $450 for labor and parts to be picked up by the Men’s Club.
- Culvert replacements (50 plus needing this). Many old medal culverts have rusted and are eroding under the existing culvert. Plan to replace the worst ones on the most crucial/heavily traveled roads as soon as weather allows.
- Gas regulator replacements/install at Community Center
- Tire disposal-Joe has found a place in town who will do same for $3/tire.
- Tennis court repair
- Warm weather projects such as buoy reinstall, installation of flotation device at cove 9, cut shoulders to improve runoff.