“Section 2.B. Registration and Length Limits. Each member together with co-owners, if any, shall be allowed to register a maximum combined total of three (3) motor-driven watercraft subject to the choices listed below.”
- OWNER RESPONSIBILITY: You must register your boats at the office. You must produce a title of the craft and that title must be in the name of the owner listed on the deed of your property. A member cannot register a non-member’s boat.
- You cannot receive your watercraft stickers unless you have registered it with the office.
- No more than three (3) total-speed, ski, runabout, fishing boat, (maximum length twenty-two (22) feet), or pontoon or deck boat (maximum length twenty-five (25) feet).
- No more than one (1) personal watercraft, maximum length twelve and one half (12 1/2) feet. For the purpose of this section, “PWC” is defined as, but not limited to, wave runners or jet skis.
Section 2.E.Boat Registration. All boats being launched, operated, docked at private or ILPOA docks or on lifts in the lake water of Indian Hills Subdivision are required to be registered with the Association Office and to display current ILPOA boat stickers purchased at a total cost of twenty-five dollars ($25.00) which will be affixed on the left and right side near the back/rear of the boat, above the waterline. Lot numbers will be affixed next to the ILPOA boat sticker which will be no less than three (3”) high on the right and left side of watercraft.
- Only “Members in Good Standing” can request and receive watercraft stickers.
- You cannot launch a watercraft or operate the watercraft on the lake without the required stickers.
- If you do not have your watercraft stickers (the rear of the watercraft on each side of the watercraft) and Lot #s displayed on your watercraft you will be subject to a citation for each violation.
- Watercraft Stickers & Lot #s must be above the waterline and be visible when operating the watercraft.
Section 3.B. Speed Limit. The boating speed limit of forty miles per hour (40 mph) will be from 10 a.m. to 7 p.m. starting the Friday before Memorial Day through Labor Day and 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. starting the first Tuesday after Labor Day through the Thursday proceeding Memorial Day. Other times, the speed limit shall be a maximum of five miles per hour (5 mph) with minimum wake.“
Section 6. B. Littering. Members are not to dispose of anything in the lake. This includes lawn and garden waste, rubbish, litter from storms, soil, rock or any kind of matter.
- We have been pulling out major sized logs that a member witnessed another member throwing back into the lake after they had washed up onto their property.
- This is a MAJOR safety issue for boaters, jet skis, etc. because those logs are not entirely visible from the surface. Do not dump anything into the lake.
- Violators, at a minimum, will be subject to receiving a citation.
OTHER RULES REMINDERS: Complete set of Rules & Regulations are available at www.ilpoa.org.
- Boats must proceed at no-wake speed when within 100 ‘ of docks.
- Boats operating after dark must have navigation lights
- All coves are a NO WAKE ZONES
- All watercraft, except sailboats, must travel counter-clockwise at all times.
- No one under 14 shall operate any motorized watercraft.
- You are ALWAYS responsible for your guests – YOU will receive a citation for your guests breaking the rules. Make sure you go over the rules with them.