Emily McLean made us aware of a need to take care of the leaves at their lakehouse, which Mark had planned to do this weekend. Emily just asked if there was someone who they could call to take care of the job.
But rather than just forward a name and phone number, the request went out to the community and specifically the Indian Hills Fishing Club. Quickly a team of people from the club and others from the community showed up this morning (Saturday) and made quick work of the job. Knowing Mark, who giving back to the community was part of who is was, would have been proud of our community who responded so quickly to take the burden off of their family.
It is times like this that makes us even more committed to honoring Mark’s legacy by completing his vision / plans for our community. Mark, you will forever be in our prayers and always the example of what it means to be a part of a community!
Pictures provided by Mary Beth Huffman
Indian Hills Lake – 2019 Blessing of the Boats
Sunday May 26th – 5:45 PM
Boat Parade Details Start time – 5:45 PM In front of the beach Location -Boats will line up in front of the beach, take a short trip to the dam and arriving at Cove 7 to receive the blessing.
2019 Theme – Remembering the brave men and woman who gave their lives, to keep us safe and free. Wave your branch of service and the Stars and Stripes Proudly..
We will be awarding a gift certificate to The Lakeshore Marina for best decorated boat
Indian Hills Bass Club Mission Statements
- Promote the sport of fishing and improve skills as bass anglers
- Enjoy the sport through friendly competition
- Encourage boating safety
- Stimulate awareness of conserving our natural resources through catch and release to promote full adherence to all conservation codes
- Maintain a friendly rapport with lake community property owners
- To use bass fishing as a means to developing lasting relationships
Indian Hills Bass Club Rules & Regulations
- $20 members fee (ages 15 & under, wives/girlfriends are free)
- $35 entry fee per tournament
- Membership fee and $5 of entry fee will goes towards the Fish Off
- Must fish five (5) tournaments to fish the Fish Off
- All disputes must be made before scales are open
- Obey the run times (10 a.m. – 6 or 7 p.m.)
- Mandatory live well heck before start of each tournament
- Five (5) fish limits, 12” minimum length
- Weighing in one (1) dead fish is a one (1) pound deduction of total weight
- Only one (1) dead fish allowed at weigh in
- You must have an aerated live well
- No getting out of boat to retrieve your bass
- No culling at boat ramp when boat is in water